Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Dare mo Shiranai (Nobody Knows)



A while back, I always wanted to watch this movie called Nobody Knows. I finally was able to watch the film. My interest in this film spawned from the many awards that it has won. Well, first off, the movie is pretty good. But damn, its soo sad! It's about 4 kids who live with their mother. Apparently, the mother has problems so they keep moving around alot. They end up moving into an apartment where the kids are kept inside all day except the oldest son Akira (main character and hes pretty damn good). One day, there is a note left on the dinning table telling Akira to take care of his brothers and sisters. The mom freakin leaves them. You'd think she'd come back but she doesn't. Now they must survive own their own. Seriously, I was pretty mad and depressed the whole film. Not because of the film, but of the situation. I guess this was based on true events and it really made me mad. You really feel sorry for these kids. I'm even mad just typing up my review. My heart goes out to them. Very powerful film.

No comments: