Wednesday, August 23, 2006

See You After School

I finally got a copy of this film called See You After School. I'm actually not sure if this is the right translation of the title, but I've seen it translated this way on other sites. My friend begs to differ. He's Korean and he says my title is wrong. Anywhoo, here is the general synopsis of the film. The movie is about this guy named Goong-dahl. Nothing has gone right for him in his whole life. It starts off with him being in a clinic trying to better himself of his loser-streak! After the "reject-camp", he enrolls into high school with hopes of making a fresh start. He finds a fellow clinic patient (his friend) who is also enrolled into the school. But he looks different; his friend is cool and not a geek. He tells him his secret and that he must make a name for himself by not being a prey but as an aggressor. Goong-dahl then notices Mina, a girl that he falls for, being bullied by a bunch of punks. Thinking that this is his chance, he confronts the bullies. Of course with his luck, he ends up confronting the school’s notorious thug Jae-koo. Not knowing, Goong-dahl agrees to meet with Jae-koo on the rooftop after school for a fight. Once he realizes how much crap he has gotten himself into, Goong-dahl and his friend tries to devise a plan to save Goong-dahl’s ass.



I thought the film was real good. It made me laugh plenty of times. The main character kinda looks like the Mad Hater from Alice in Wonderland. Ha^2 But yeah, rent this film if you like high school flicks with comedy, action, bullies, “come-backs”, and all that. I know I do!

No comments: