Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Nisei Festival

On Sunday, me and my sister went to the Nisei Festival held in Downtown Los Angeles. For all you guys who don't know what Nisei Festival is all about, basically it's a celebration in honor of the second generation Japanese peeps. We first went to the Tofu Fest where we got to taste a tofurkey meatball dog, we also got lobster balls !?!, and we washed those foods down with Barley Tea which wasn't sweet but more on the refreshing side. I got a mean ass farmers tan. SUcks! We then chilled cause the tofu fest was kinda weak. So we left and sat outside for the parade. It was pretty dope but at the sametime very tiring.

Here are some pictures that I took of the festival parade. Oh and I also got a shot of the mascot, the akido!

Here is a picture of me and my sister having a cup of Barley Tea.

This is me eating the Lobster on a stick! Good shit, I thought it was the best food we ate there.

Michelle, chillin and eating.

Overall, I thought the festival was cool. I wish there were more things to do. The shopping was kinda weezy, but I guess it was more just to witness culture and other things Japanese. Good Times.

No comments: