Monday, October 01, 2007

Byōsoku Go Senchimētoru (2007)

I kind of dislocated my knee, and over the weekend I pretty much vegetated at home watching whatever I could get my hands on. I watched a little bit of TV, I watched a little bit of Nodame Cantabile (live action), and I watched this Anime movie called 5 Centimeters per Second. 5 Centimeters per Second is a film about the struggles of time, love, and life. In the beginning of the film, the 5 seconds refers to the speed at which the Cherry Blossom pedals fall as told by one of the film's character. You then soon realize that this statement is told throughout the story as a metaphor. The film consists of three short stories about a boy named Takaki Tōno and his close friend Akari Shinohara. The short stories are all different but the idea is basically about love and lost love, time, and loneliness. It was a pretty sad film. You actually feel bad for Takaki. I sometimes wonder, why not go for that surfer girl in his high school days. Throughout the whole movie, it seems as though he is in this enormous FUNK! But, I guess I would be too. Overall I thought the animation was superb. It is not that long so you go through it fairly quick. Very emo type if you asked me. EMOOOOO! Okay, now go and check it out.

1 comment:

Tsuji Eriku said...

right up my alley