Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Room - On the Corner of Santa Monica and 14th.

Sup fam! Alright, so I was lucky enough to have been invited to this little gem located in Santa Monica. Man was it hard to find! The entrance is in the back of some shop and the club next door to it doesn't help the fact. However, this place is f'n off the chain. The spot is called "the Room". From my sources, there is also another "the Room" located in Downtown LA, but the one in Santa Monica has really dope music. I'm not 100% sure on what nights they play dope music, but we went on a Friday. So yes, go on a Friday! So what type of music? Well, they started off with a little Groove Theory (hee hee I love thier one hit single "Tell Me"). You know the song. It goes:
-Tell me if you want me to
-Give you all my time
-I wanna make it good for you
-Cuz you blow my mind
-I promise boy that I'll be true
-You're the perfect find
-So tell me if you want me to
Okay back to the topic at hand. They also played a little rare samples from popular tracks and then they hit me hard with the real old school hip hop. Man does it feel good listening to a little Tribe Called Quest now and then. The spot was chill. The occasion? We went for a friend of mine. It was her bday. Nice choice of venue. The crowd was mixed, just how I like it. And if the women are shitty, you still have the atmosphere (dim red lights) and music to vibe off of. For Kevin and I, it was a real chill spot to grab a few beers and mellow out.
But don't get me wrong. I'm a dancer at heart and we got down. Man, this picture looks hella wierd. I look ummm pretty GAY. Yes two thumbs up for this club. If they keep banging out dope music, pretty people, and fresh atmosphere, then you'll be sure to see me there on a weekly basis. HAHA, okay okay it aint super dope. Just something fresh to check out. Highly Recommended. GOOD price too. Holla!

Group Photo 1

Group Photo 2

No comments: