Friday, October 27, 2006

7th Annual Culture Shock Choreographer's Showcase

Alright yall, this past Saturday Oct 21st was the annual Culture Shock Choreographer's Showcase. It's an event where all or most of the Culture Shocks come out and do a performance. DC, Chicago, Atlanta, Oakland, San Diego, LA, and many more others were there to represent as well as other teams such as Jabbawockies and Super Galactic Beat Manipulators. I wish I could tell ya that the event was dope however I did not buy a ticket. HAHA Isn't that funny. You get to perform on stage but if you don't have a ticket to the show, you can't watch. I was very broke at the time so I didn't have a chance to get to see all the acts. I did catch a few performances because the venue was kind enough to set up a TV in the back. Hopefully the DVD will come out soon or youtube videos so that I can peep the many awesome showcases that were there that night.

Oh, so if you don't know already. I am in the Culture Shock LA bboy team. And this past Saturday was my very first on stage performance doing choreo. I, actually, am not very good at choreo, I would be catagorized more as a freestyle dancer slash bboy. But yeah, I worked pretty hard to get the steps kinda right. I know I messed up a few times, but hopefully it wasn't too bad. I really thought it went well. I really enjoyed performing and what not and I am very excited about our next showcase in Las Vegas. Oh and seriously, I was soo nervous. I think I said "OH SHIT" twenty times before hitting the stage. It was a super rush.

Before the showcase started, there was a preshow outside were bboys and bgirls and funkstyle dancers and whomever get to come together and dance. It was a super huge cypher with different styles if you think about it. Culture Shock LA represented hard core. We seriously turned that shit out. Here are some pictures of us.

This is the Culture Shock Breakers. I think we have more bboys but I couldn't find all of them. Seriously we looked sick in the circles. LA represented to the fullest.

Here is a group picture of us and a few randoms in the upper left corner. It's all love though, I know everyone wants to be in a picture with me. HAHA but yeah, Culture Shock LA's street team is what your lookin at. HOLLA!

Last thing, I must say it was a helluva an experience. I really enjoyed the time spent together in San Diego. Just getting to dance, chill, party, and do watever made this trip very memorable. Even though I don't remember a thing that happend saturday night. Pass the alcohol, please!

1 comment:

Langdon Alger said...

nice..always good to see that the "real hip hop" culture is still alive...