Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Holy Daddy - Korean Film Review

Alright, I'm back. It's been a while since I've posted anything. I blame it all on work. Damn, I've been swamped this whole month. SAWWKS!!! Oh wells, here goes the review. I watch a ton of Korean movies. I don't know how it all got started. I don't even understand the Korean language. However, what I do know is a good movie when I see one. This movie surprised me. I haven't seen any films in quite a while now, so I was very skeptical to watch this film. Maybe because of my low expectations, this movie came out the way it did for me. The film is called Holy Daddy. Seok Jo (Kim Sang Joong) is a gangster in prison. All he wants to do is see his son Won Tak (Lee Min Woo). Ironically on his last day in prison, he dies. Seok Jo is then visited by an angel who tries to take him into heaven. Before departing to heaven, Seok Jo requests one wish, to be his son's best friend. The angel agrees and gives him a second chance to right his wrongs by reincarnating Seok Jo into a teenage boy named Dong Hoon (Ha Dong Hoon).That's as much detail as I am going to get with this film. It's a comedy and drama all rolled into one. I really enjoyed the film, especially Ha Dong Hoon’s character. He is great. Kind of annoying sometimes because he plays a character that isn’t up-to-date on technological advances.This movie is very heartfelt and funny. I liked it a lot. Go and rent it!

No comments: