Thursday, September 21, 2006

Trying to meet Chicks at a Club! Mistake?

So I was having a conversation with a good buddy of mine, and we so happen to have stumbled upon the topic of meeting girls at a club. Now, I'm not that smooth. Just an average Joe. I know a few individuals who can get a girl's number with ease or just to talk with them without a problem. However, I am not that guy. My favorite line is "umm, you want to do dance. DOH" Yes my friends, that’s the one liner that many guys try to use and fail miserably with. But, this blog isn't about techniques on how to meet girls at a club. It's more about just going out and having a good time with friends.

So I ask, why do guys set themselves up for disaster. The way I see it, if you go to a club thinking on hitting on women and trying to leave with one when the night is over, you'll be sorely disappointed. Now, if you go to a club or party on the intention of just having fun with your friends, then I'm pretty sure you'll have a great time. So then you ask, well what happens with the girls. Can't you do both? Yes. But doing it one way is better then the other. Here are two actual scenarios that took place in my life.

A few friends and I go to a club. We dance and party together. Just having a good time. Luckily, I am blessed with friends who know how to dance (freestyle) or else it gets a little more complicated. We chill, not thinking on hitting on women for the sake of just going out and having a guys night. Then without knowing, a few girls randomly pop up and ask to dance or just to spark a conversation. Maybe they liked how we were dancing. I don’t know. Now, there were no premeditated ideas of meeting women. It just so happens that we had our cake and frosting too. Since we went to a club just to have fun, meeting or not meeting women did not affect the outcome of our night. But since we got to meet some pretty cool chicks, then it just made the night that much better.

Scenario 2, I go to a club with a few friends. On the way there, we psyche ourselves up on how many girls we are going to meet and how many numbers we are going to get. Sounds great. We show up and we see the prospects of hundreds of hotties. WE ARE GONNA GET SOME! While in the club, we walk around checking out who our prey is. We ask, get denied. We ask again, get denied. Circle the club a few times. Ask again, get denied. Ask a forth time, get denied. See the pattern. Now its 12am, prime time to dance and all the girls are taken. We soon get desperate and start asking the uglies. Shit, I got rejected by an ugly. DAMN this night SUCKS.

My advice, just go to have fun. I know these scenarios are purely coincidental but the idea is true. Meeting girls are fine, but please don’t make it your sole purpose. Yes, I am a straight guy! Don’t get me wrong, but setting yourself up to such an expectation can only lead to a train wreck. Or you’ll get desperate and leave the club with a nasty looking girl.

No comments: