Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dreamgirls

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of good reviews for this film. Personally, I actually never intended to watch this particular film. It didn't jump out to me like the other movies I've watched, but I decided to check it out and the fact that it was showing free at my company. Score!

Dude, I didn't know it was a musical. I freakin love musicals. However, I like old school musicals like Sound of Music and My Fair Lady. If you haven't watched those, check them out. Anyways, Dreamgirls is a film about making it in the music industry. Typical movie about how the industry works. But the thing that makes this movie good is the personal experiences for the members of the group and of the team. Also, the fantastic singing and musical numbers make this film that much cooler. I thought this film was pretty good. I wouldn't watch it a second time, but it's good for a one time run through. The actors in the film were great. Eddie Murphy was the bomb. He is so funny, even though he's not playing a funny role. It's just his face. HAHA comedy. And damn, Beyonce looks freakin gooooood. In the beginning of the film, you see her kind of nasty looking. Then by the end of the film, she's bangin. My only dislikes of the film were that some of the songs weren't that good. Many of them were chill, but some were just watevers. Other then that, definitely check this film out.

No comments: